Prayer Campaign: April 1 - 19

As I mentioned in my previous post, we would like to ask anyone that would like to participate to join us in an intensive prayer campaign during the first 19 days of April.  We have a few specific requests.

1.  We pray that if it is the Will of God for me to recover from this disease, that God will guide us to whatever we need to cure my cancer, or will simply bestow upon me divine healing.
2. We pray that if it is the Will of God that I do not recover from this disease, that God will give us peace and understanding, and will support and uplift us during our times of suffering.  We pray that we are able to truly trust in God's divine wisdom.
3.  We pray that Sarah's pain will be eased.
4.  We pray that God will guide us to the right choices and help us make the best decisions throughout this journey.

We would be very honored if you would consider spending some time each day for the first 19 days of April praying for us, or holding us in light and meditation.

The Baha'i Writings have many beautiful prayers especially for healing.  Three of them are listed below, in case you would like to use them.  The one referred to as "The Long Healing Prayer" is described as having been invested by Baha'u'llah with a special potency and significance, and should be recited with unquestionable faith and confidence.  Here is a link to an enchanting recitation of this prayer by Karim Rushdy.

We also plan to host two gatherings at our home during which friends and family can join us for prayer and meditation.  Anyone that would like to join us is most welcome to attend.  The first will be on Sunday, April 2nd at 2:00 p.m.  The second will be Saturday, April 15th at 7:00 p.m.  If you do not have our address and would like to attend, please reach out and we will send it to you.

Thank you so much for your support and prayers!  We are blessed to have such an amazing network of love to keep us going...


Short Baha'i Healing Prayer:

Thy name is my healing, O my God, and remembrance of Thee is my remedy.  Nearness to Thee is my hope, and love for Thee is my companion.  Thy mercy to me is my healing and my succor in both this world and the world to come.  Thou, verily, art the All-Bountiful, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.

Bahá’u’lláh

Baha'i Healing Prayer for Women:

Glory be to Thee, O Lord my God!  I beg of Thee by Thy Name through which He Who is Thy Beauty hath been stablished upon the throne of Thy Cause, and by Thy Name through which Thou changest all things, and gatherest together all things, and callest to account all things, and rewardest all things, and preservest all things, and sustainest all things—I beg of Thee to guard this handmaiden who hath fled for refuge to Thee, and hath sought the shelter of Him in Whom Thou Thyself art manifest, and hath put her whole trust and confidence in Thee.
She is sick, O my God, and hath entered beneath the shadow of the Tree of Thy healing; afflicted, and hath fled to the City of Thy protection; diseased, and hath sought the Fountainhead of Thy favors; sorely vexed, and hath hasted to attain the Wellspring of Thy tranquillity; burdened with sin, and hath set her face toward the court of Thy forgiveness.
Attire her, by Thy sovereignty and Thy loving-kindness, O my God and my Beloved, with the raiment of Thy balm and Thy healing, and make her quaff of the cup of Thy mercy and Thy favors.  Protect her, moreover, from every affliction and ailment, from all pain and sickness, and from whatsoever may be abhorrent unto Thee.
Thou, in truth, art immensely exalted above all else except Thyself.  Thou art, verily, the Healer, the All-Sufficing, the Preserver, the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful.

Bahá’u’lláh

The Long Healing Prayer:

He is the Healer, the Sufficer, the Helper, the All-Forgiving, the All-Merciful.
I call on Thee O Exalted One, O Faithful One, O Glorious One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Sovereign, O Upraiser, O Judge!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Peerless One, O Eternal One, O Single One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Most Praised One, O Holy One, O Helping One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Omniscient, O Most Wise, O Most Great One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Clement One, O Majestic One, O Ordaining One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Beloved One, O Cherished One, O Enraptured One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Mightiest One, O Sustaining One, O Potent One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Ruling One, O Self-Subsisting, O All-Knowing One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Spirit, O Light, O Most Manifest One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Thou Frequented by all, O Thou Known to all, O Thou Hidden from all!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Concealed One, O Triumphant One, O Bestowing One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Almighty, O Succoring One, O Concealing One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Fashioner, O Satisfier, O Uprooter!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Rising One, O Gathering One, O Exalting One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Perfecting One, O Unfettered One, O Bountiful One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Beneficent One, O Withholding One, O Creating One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Most Sublime One, O Beauteous One, O Bounteous One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Just One, O Gracious One, O Generous One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O All-Compelling, O Ever-Abiding, O Most Knowing One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Magnificent One, O Ancient of Days, O Magnanimous One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Well-guarded One, O Lord of Joy, O Desired One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Thou Kind to all, O Thou Compassionate with all, O Most Benevolent One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Haven for all, O Shelter to all, O All-Preserving One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Thou Succorer of all, O Thou Invoked by all, O Quickening One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Unfolder, O Ravager, O Most Clement One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Thou my Soul, O Thou my Beloved, O Thou my Faith!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Quencher of thirsts, O Transcendent Lord, O Most Precious One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Greatest Remembrance, O Noblest Name, O Most Ancient Way!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Most Lauded, O Most Holy, O Sanctified One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Unfastener, O Counselor, O Deliverer!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Friend, O Physician, O Captivating One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Glory, O Beauty, O Bountiful One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O the Most Trusted, O the Best Lover, O Lord of the Dawn!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Enkindler, O Brightener, O Bringer of Delight!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Lord of Bounty, O Most Compassionate, O Most Merciful One!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Constant One, O Life-giving One, O Source of all Being!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Thou Who penetratest all things, O All-Seeing God, O Lord of Utterance!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Manifest yet Hidden, O Unseen yet Renowned, O Onlooker sought by all!  Thou the Sufficing, Thou the Healing, Thou the Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
I call on Thee O Thou Who slayest the Lovers, O God of Grace to the wicked!
O Sufficer, I call on Thee, O Sufficer!
O Healer, I call on Thee, O Healer!
O Abider, I call on Thee, O Abider!
Thou the Ever-Abiding, O Thou Abiding One!
Sanctified art Thou, O my God!  I beseech Thee by Thy generosity, whereby the portals of Thy bounty and grace were opened wide, whereby the Temple of Thy Holiness was established upon the throne of eternity; and by Thy mercy whereby Thou didst invite all created things unto the table of Thy bounties and bestowals; and by Thy grace whereby Thou didst respond, in thine own Self with Thy word “Yea!” on behalf of all in heaven and earth, at the hour when Thy sovereignty and Thy grandeur stood revealed, at the dawn-time when the might of Thy dominion was made manifest.  And again do I beseech Thee, by these most beauteous names, by these most noble and sublime attributes, and by Thy most Exalted Remembrance, and by Thy pure and spotless Beauty, and by Thy hidden Light in the most hidden pavilion, and by Thy Name, cloaked with the garment of affliction every morn and eve, to protect the bearer of this blessed Tablet, and whoso reciteth it, and whoso cometh upon it, and whoso passeth around the house wherein it is.  Heal Thou, then, by it every sick, diseased and poor one, from every tribulation and distress, from every loathsome affliction and sorrow, and guide Thou by it whosoever desireth to enter upon the paths of Thy guidance, and the ways of Thy forgiveness and grace.
Thou art verily the Powerful, the All-Sufficing, the Healing, the Protector, the Giving, the Compassionate, the All-Generous, the All-Merciful.

Bahá’u’lláh

Comments

  1. Thank you for giving us something to do to help and companion you on your journey. It is my honor to pray these prayers for you April 1-19, and I do it with deep faithfulness and love for you, your family, and resting firmly in God's will. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sarah,
    I think of you often and wonder how you are doing. I appreciate the positive attitude portray in your blogs and emails. I will definitely keep you and your dear family in my prayers during these 19 days starting today. Do not underestimate the power of prayers...
    Ya Baha'u'l-Abha!

    Much love,
    Rezvan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sarah and Tash, I will be happy to participate in this prayer campaign and will share on my page. I believe so strongly in the power of prayer. My heart is with you and your family. Those girls are so very very precious and you both are so strong and brave. May God's love surround you all now and lift you up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your brave, profound, and loving invitation to join you all in prayer during these 19 first days of April, starting today. The sun has not yet set, so I will pray immediately for this and will pray with you each day. Love surrounds you all.... I wish I could come to your home for one of the devotionals. Perhaps you will find me there in spirit....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had you and family in my thoughts this whole past year which as you know has been a difficult but blessed journey all at once for my family with my mother's diagnosis and passing. I will by calling out to my mom Enidia during my prayers for you and the family's strength, guidance and detachment during these next 19 days. A big hug to Sarah, I admire you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your mother was such a sweet, gentle soul. I would be honored to be assisted by her from the divine realms!

      Delete
  6. I will be praying for you daily, Sarah. Count me in! Hugs to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you dear Sarah! May Baha'u'llah bless you with peace and comfort in whichever way He wishes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will be saying prayers for you during these 19 days intensively Sarah! Love Amy, David and Phoenix Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sarah and Mehrtash, My daughter and I will be begging God for his assistance during these 19 days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our family is praying for you each day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts